The revolutionary Vampire Facelift is a minimally invasive non-surgical procedure that combines the science of platelet rich plasma (PRP) with dermal filler to produce incredible anti-aging results, including collagen remodeling, tightening, lifting, volumizing and overall rejuvenation of the face and neck.
PRP is a concentrated source of platelets, growth factors and cytokines produced naturally in your own body, and stimulates and controls healthy regenerative processes, including collagen and soft tissue remodeling, and thereby improves overall health and rejuvenation. PRP has been used successfully for years to promote improved healing times and optimal results from various surgical and non-surgical procedures. The PRP, painlessly obtained through a small blood draw, is injected after dermal filler and enhances the results of this amazing procedure.
The Vampire Facelift consists of two key steps. First, Dr. Chandra places strategically a dermal filler to restore lift and volume to the face and neck. After completing the dermal filler injections, Dr. Chandra strategically injects PRP into multiple areas and depths of the face, often layering it over the filler. These growth factors activate the body’s healthy regenerative processes to stimulate new collagen, new fatty tissue (smoothness) and improved blood circulation (tone and texture).
The use of PRP in the Vampire Facelift accomplishes multiple concerns in a single treatment, and greatly reduces the immediate need for other treatments.
This is a complex procedure that must be performed at a Vampire®-certified center by a trained physician who uses an FDA-approved sterile system to obtain the PRP and understands the science and how to perform and tailor the treatment to each patient’s concerns. In New Jersey, just like any other medical procedure, only a physician who has met the above qualifications may offer this procedure. Just like many other cosmetic procedures, the Vampire Facelift is not a highly regulated treatment and thus patients must be educated in how to choose a provider.
Dr. Chandra has accurate knowledge of anatomy and facial proportions, and has studied extensively the artistry of facial analysis, and DaVinci’s facial proportions with Dr Runels. This enables him to look at the face as a whole and determine areas that need to be corrected, versus simply injecting filler where a patient believes the problem exists. He is able to minimize bruising and downtime through the use of the Accuvein device, which reveals areas to avoid that contain vessels in the skin that could cause bruising.
Dr. Chandra is committed to spending as much time as needed to customize his injection technique to address the client’s concerns, and making the client as comfortable as possible
- Age-related volume loss
- Poor Skin texture
- Poor Skin Tone and complexion (i.e., color and clarity)
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Smile lines
- Lower facial laxity
- Jowls and jawline laxity
- Loss of volume in the temple region
- Tear-trough deformity
- Smile lines
- Lip volume and thinning lips (loss of definition)
- Eyebrow drooping
- Prominent cartilage (bumps) on the nose>
- Dimpling of the skin
- Volume loss in the hands
- Acne scars and other scars
Short answer: All ages!
- Age-related volume lossMen and women in this age group who want to maintain their youthful volume and lifted features, while also improving texture, tone and color, can greatly benefit from a conservative Vampire Facelift.
- Middle-aged Patients (generally 30-55 years old)Men and women in this category typically see a range of mild to severe volume loss (decreased collagen, muscle, fat and bone). This, combined with a dulling of the skin from reduced blood flow, results in overall dull facial texture and laxity. Dermal filler will lift and restore the “tired and aging look,” and PRP injections will enhance collagen stimulation, tightening and brightening creating a more youthful, natural appearance.
- Older Patients (generally 55-95 years old)Patients in this age group will need to replace age-related volume loss and, historically, require more procedures (non-surgical and/or surgical) in order to address their concerns. The Vampire Facelift is revolutionary in that now more significant concerns can be addressed in one treatment, reducing the need for additional treatments. During your consultation, Dr. Chandra will carefully evaluate your concerns and determine what options will best address your concerns.
Following the treatment, patients can expect minimal swelling and bruising, resulting in little to no social downtime. Normal activities can be resumed immediately. For those patients who experience very minimal bruising, makeup can be worn for cover. Although rare, if any bruising occurs, a quick, free IPL spot treatment will improve the bruise.
The Vampire FaceLift® produces results in three stages:
Patients will see incredible volume enhancement and lifting of the face and neck, and the beginnings of skin brightening.
As the PRP stimulates healing, circulation and healthy tissue regeneration, patients will see texture, tone and color improvement, and the beginnings of noticeable tightening.
During the final stage, results from the injection of PRP peak, and patients will achieve major improvement in texture, tone, color, tightening and lifting.
Although your skin will look better with each week that passes after treatment, results may take a year or longer to reach optimal visibility and will both improve and persist for years. Longevity and outcomes are increased by adhering closely to Dr Chandra’s recommended filler and skincare maintenance plan.
The Vampire FaceLift® is very safe and effective when performed by a highly trained, Vampire-certified injector physician, like Dr. Chandra. To date there are more than 9000 published citations in medical literature about PRP, which indicates that it has been extensively studied, and evaluated. Additionally:
- We use an FDA-approved sterile process to obtain and concentrate PRP, which contains growth factors and healing elements produced naturally in your own body.
- In the history of medical and surgical literature, there has never been a reported complication from the use of PRP.
- We use FDA-approved dermal fillers that has been studied and used for years to restore and reshape the face.